We are looking for enthusiastic, resilient and motivated individuals who want to make a difference to the lives of young people; to enable them to develop socially, emotionally and behaviorally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for. The young people in this home love cooking, baking, arts and crafts and outdoor activities. Being paid to go for long walks and bake cakes is definitely a perk of the job!
No two days are ever the same, so you need to be happy to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. It is challenging, but incredibly rewarding work!!
Salary: £20,690 - £25,806 (sleep allowance included) Plus overtime available!!
Location: Corby, Northamptonshire (NN17)
Hours: Full time - 3 week rolling rota
Shift pattern: 7.30am – 11pm plus sleeps when required
- Getting paid to play computer games and go to theme parks!!!
- Company pension
- 28 days annual leave
- Access to discounts for shopping outlets, restaurants and cinema’s
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker, or with Young People is desirable
- You MUST be a driver as you will be required to transport the young people from time to time
- You must be over the age of 21
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is desirable
If you are looking to be rewarded with an opportunity where you can really make a difference, to the lives of children and young people, this role is for you so Click ‘APPLY’ today!
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.