We are actively seeking Children Support Workers to join our team at Vetro Recruitment with excellent part time and full time opportunities available. You can work your role around your lifestyle whilst enjoying our great rates of pay! This support worker role is based in a modern residential home in Porth that provides specialist support to young children with emotional behavioural difficulties aged between 12 -18 years old.
This role is about supporting young people to develop socially, emotionally, and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for. The role can be challenging at times but incredibly rewarding! You will be committed, passionate, and able to engage, encourage, and mentor the young people, whilst having a whole lot of fun!
Getting paid to do arts and crafts, baking, football and cinema trips are a great perk of the job!
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence**
Salary: £10.37 per hour
Hours: Full time and Part time hours available (shift pattern is flexible, a mixture of sleep-ins, weekdays/weekends)
Shift Pattern: 7.30am - 7.30pm / 7.30pm - 7.30am / Sleep in
- Company pension scheme
- Holiday pay
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development.
- Excellent Rates of pay, weekly pay, and no payroll charges
- Free online training and subsidised practical training (TMVA,PMVA,PBM)
- Flexible working hours to suit your needs.
- Shifts scheduled and booked via Shift App
- 24-hour support line from Vetro Care
- 121 personal relationship with Consultant
- No two days are ever the same
- Social activities
- Encouraging young people to participate in activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age. You will provide support for the children and young people in the home to promote their independence and well-being whilst providing a therapeutic care environment.
- Ensuring the safety of the young people and maintaining up-to-date knowledge of the individual’s care plan, guidelines, reward system, and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically, dealing with challenging behaviours when needed, and maintaining a safe environment for young people.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers, and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Protecting children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Keeping the homely, friendly culture and environment of the home.
- Experience in children's residential settings desirable
- Experience working with children with challenging behaviours
- Level 3 in childcare or young people desirable
- Personal experience of the foster care system
- Must be over the age of 21
Can you deliver a holistic and integrated approach to care and really make a difference to the young people with Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties?
If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.