I have a FANTASTIC opportunity for a Children’s Residential Support Worker to join a STUNNING RURAL children’s residential service just outside Bromyard in Herefordshire, supporting young people with complex behaviours between the ages of 8-18 in a therapeutic setting.
If you are enthusiastic, resilient, and motivated, wanting to make a difference in the lives of young people we would love to hear from you.
Supporting children and young people in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, you can enable them to develop socially, emotionally, and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for. The role is challenging but incredibly rewarding! You will be committed, passionate, and able to engage, encourage, and mentor the young people, whilst having a whole lot of fun!
Easily accessible from Hereford, Worcester, Leominster and Ledbury, this is an INCREDIBLE opportunity for a children's residential support worker to step up to a new challenge or someone with experience in an adults setting with mental health or challenging behaviour to move across to work in a beautiful and rural children’s residential service.
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence**
Salary: £25,772 - £28,697 (inclusive of sleeps)
Location: Bromyard, Herefordshire
Contract: Full time - Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week plus sleeps
Shift Pattern: 2 on 4 off shift pattern
Getting paid to do arts and crafts, baking, football and cinema trips are a great perk of the job as a Children's Residential Support Worker!
- 4 week paid induction
- Excellent reputation - working for one of the UK’s leading therapeutic providers of residential childcare
- The opportunity to complete the Level 3 Children & Young People qualification - Fully funded!!
- Free meals whilst on shift
- Free parking
- Team building events
- Employee recognition scheme
- Recommend a friend scheme
- Genuine opportunity to progress within the organisation.
- The opportunity to do social activities - all paid for!!
- No two days are the same
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of children and make a positive difference
- 31 days annual leave
Responsibilities of a Children’s Residential Support Worker:
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
Key Skills Required:
- Experience of working in a children's residential setting - DESIRABLE
- Experience of working in a similar challenging role such as mental health support work - ESSENTIAL
- Driver - ESSENTIAL (as you will be required to drive the children to school and or activities)
- Must be over the age of 21- ESSENTIAL
If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.