Blaenau Gwent, Wales
Up to £10.09 per hour + weekly pay!
8 months ago
Vetro Recruitment are currently working alongside a semi-independent residential home for young people with Emotional Behavioural Difficulties and are looking for Support Workers to cover shifts on a flexible ad hoc basis.
- Location: Ebbw Vale
- Shifts available: 10am - 11pm / 5pm - 11pm
- Pay: £10.09 per hour including holiday pay
- Benefits: Weekly pay and flexible shifts
The home offers placements to young people aged 10 to 16 years who can sometimes display challenging and harmful behaviours. The home currently consists of four males between the ages of 15 and 16 years old, although they are able to accept both males and females. The young people in their care may have displayed sexually harmful behaviours or may have been subject to child sexual exploitation. They are also expected to be in school, College, training or employment as part of their placement and so there will often be no young people in the house during the day.
As a Children's Residential Support Worker, you will maximise each young person's potential for personal growth and development while promoting their independence and well-being.
The experienced team of Support Workers provides the care and support needed to equip the young people with sufficient skills to enable them to achieve an independent and fulfilled life.
Responsibilities as a Support Worker:
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual's; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Experience as a Support Worker or a similar role in a similar setting
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Work with the "Recruitment Agency of the Year 2018" (Regional Awards)
- Free online training
- Weekly pay
- £50 to £250 Love2Shop referral scheme
- Employee of the month scheme
- CV writing support and career advice
- Quick registration (including online Enhanced DBS check)
- 24/7 support from our dedicated team of recruitment consultants
Please get in touch with Rachel on 02921 660880 to start a quick and easy application! We are also recruiting for a number of support worker jobs across South Wales and England if you are looking for a new opportunity. We can't wait to hear from you!
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. We recruit Support Workers, Nurses, Teachers, Teaching Assistants and Health Care Assistants.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.