Up to £23619 per annum + Overtime available!
6 months ago
I am looking for a passionate Support Worker with experience of working in the care or support work sector who is looking for a new challenge in a well established residential home for Children & Young People in Wrexham.
You will be working with children and young people who have learning earning difficulties, autism and complex needs aged between 6 - 19.
Salary: £23,619 (£17,700 + £54.81 per sleep)
Hours: Full time - 39 hours per week
Shift pattern: 2 on 4 off
- Supporting children & young people with LD, autism, complex neesa and challenging behaviour in their day to day lives.
- Work as part of a team.
- Work well under pressure.
- Able to be proactive, enthusiastic and empathetic.
- Delivering personal care
- Must either hold or be willing to work towards the QCF Level 3 Children & Young People qualification in Children's Residential.
- Experience in working with children and young people or adults in a learning disability setting is desirable but not essential.
- Able to take responsibility for the care and well-being of young people.
- Full UK Manual Driving Licence is essential due to the location of the home and the duties involved.
- Excellent communication skills - some of the children & young people use PEC's, Sign Language and Makaton, so experience in these areas would be advantageous.
- Must be aged 21 or overdue to the policies of the organisation.
If you are passionate about the lives of young people and want to make a real difference, supporting young people between the ages of 6 - 19 with Learning Difficulties, this is the job for you!
Click apply! Or refer a friend for up to £250!!