Ross on Wye
£17,376 – £18,950
about 2 months ago
Are you a Children's Residential Support Worker who wants to make a real difference to the lives of young people with Emotional Behavioural Difficulties?
Vetro Recruitment is currently recruiting for a children’s residential support worker to work in a 7 bed children’s residential service just outside Ross-on-Wye supporting young people between the ages of 11 - 19.
Salary: £17,376 – £18,950 (sleep allowance included)
Hours: Full time – 37.5 hours per week
Shift Times: 8am – 11pm sleep 7am – 8.30am
Week 1 - Tuesday and Friday
Week 2 – Monday and Thursday
Week 3 – Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday
The organisation recognises that their success will be measured by the outcomes they achieve for the young people in their care. They aim to ensure that every young person fulfils their potential and leads an extraordinary life. The service is child focused and intent on delivering the highest quality of standards in an environment that is stimulating, nurturing and homely.
Our client works closely with the young people, their parents, carers and professionals to identify the strategies, resources and learning that will help them overcome their personal challenges and thrive. They strive to design and deliver individual care plans that will support the children achieve their personal objectives and promote significant life opportunities.
As a Children’s Residential Support Worker you will be responsible for:
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker in a similar setting is desirable.
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is desirable.
- A passion for supporting young people with emotional behavioural difficulties.
- 33 days annual leave, company pension scheme plus a great benefits package
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face to face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years’ experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.