Supporting young people in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, you can enable them to develop socially, emotionally, and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for. The role is incredibly rewarding! You will be committed, passionate, and able to engage, encourage, and mentor the young people, whilst having a whole lot of fun!
Getting paid to have fun and going to theme parks is certainly a perk of the job!!
We have an INCREDIBLE opportunity for a TEAM LEADER to join a Beautiful Children’s Residential Service in Rugeley supporting young people between the ages of 8-18 with Learning Difficulties.
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Salary: £24,974 - 25,900 per year (inclusive of sleep-ins).
Hours: Full time, 37.5hrs per week
Shift pattern: 12-24hr sleep-in shifts on a rolling rota (depending on the needs of the home) -. Full Time and Permanent. You will work 6-8 sleep-in shifts a month. This includes
About the Role
You will be joining an established and experienced care team as a Children’s Residential Support Worker. This role is offered on a full-time basis. You will receive an in-depth induction and training programme upon joining this Children’s Residential Service, and your duties will include:
Encouraging young people to participate in activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age. You will provide support for the children and young people in the home to promote their independence and well-being whilst providing a therapeutic care environment.
Ensuring the safety of the young people and maintaining up-to-date knowledge of the individual’s care plan, guidelines, reward system, and preferred method of communication.
Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically, dealing with challenging behaviours when needed, and maintaining a safe environment for young people.
Developing and maintaining good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers, and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists. Protecting children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
Keeping the homely, friendly culture and environment of the home.
- Entitlement to 28 days of annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Full Training and support.
- Enrolment onto vocational qualification courses.
- Progressive pay scale.
- Access to voluntary benefits including discounts at cinemas, restaurants and retail establishments. ● Enhanced DBS Check paid for by the organisation.
- Full UK Manual Driving Licence is essential, due to the location of the home and due to the requirements of the role.
- QCF Level 3 in Children and Young People / Children's Residential qualification is desirable but not essential.
- Experience within a children's residential setting or with challenging behaviours is an advantage. ● Able to take responsibility for the care and well being of young people.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be aged 23 or over, due to the oldest child at the setting and due to the policies of the organisation.