£22000 - £23000 per annum
02921 660 880
5 months ago
Liquid error: internal
£22,000 – £23,000
Are you looking to take the next step in your care career? We are looking for organised and motivated individuals to become team leaders within a children's residential home.
The house is home to children who have complex learning needs and autism, so experience within this field is preferable.
The 6 bedded home is based in Oldham.
- Working alongside management and support staff, your role will require you to ensure that each shift runs smoothly.
- Creating and updating care plans
- Promoting and encouraging the young person to become more independent and to develop their life skills
- Providing support and care to children and young people with learning difficulties and Autism
- Assisting other staff members as and when required.
- Lead shifts, providing support and advice to other Support workers when required
- Managing rotas
- Internal auditing and ensuring medication checks are carried out
- Plan and participate in internal and external social and leisure activities within the community
- Participate and feedback in Management meetings
- Supporting children and young people in a residential setting
- Monitoring the process of the child or young person.
- Assisting with exit plans for the individual (when required)
- Supporting with complaints, compliance and ensuring the protection of the child
Pay and hours:
- Full time (40 hours per week)
- Early, late, long days and night shifts
- £78 per sleep
- £22,000 – £23,770
- NVQ L3 in Children and Young People (Essential)
- Fantastic time management skills
- Ability to work within a team
- Previous experience in Children’s Support Worker Roles
- Previous experience as a Team Leader or Senior Support Worker
- Assisting with Personal Care (when required)
If this position sounds of interest, please click "Apply". One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and your experience.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC GOLD accredited and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.