We have an AMAZING opportunity for a Residential Support Worker to join a fantastic 4-bed children’s residential service in the Erdington area of Birmingham supporting children and young people between the ages of 9-16 that are overcoming childhood Trauma. This is a very therapeutic service. We are looking for an enthusiastic, caring and motivated individual who wants to make a difference to the lives of young people; to enable them to develop socially, emotionally and behaviorally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for.
No two days are ever the same, so you need to be happy to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. It is challenging but incredibly rewarding work!!
You will be committed, passionate and able to engage, encourage and mentor the young people, whilst having a whole lot of fun! Getting paid to play games, outdoor activities and watching films are certainly a perk of the job!!
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Salary: £22,126- £24,050 (sleep ins included)
Up to 8 sleeps a month
Location:Erdington, Birmingham (B23 postcode)
Hours: Full time 40 hours
Shift Pattern: 2 on 4 off
- 28 days annual leave
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning.
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development.
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage.
- Supporting the management to run a successful staff team and all day to day operations of the home
- To assist the management team with the supervisions of junior staff
- Inducting new staff into the homes procedure and culture
- Ensuring the highest standards of care in relation to the young people’s physical, behavioural and emotional needs.
- Be the young person’s champion and as part of the wider team strive to ensure that they achieve their aspirations and full potential
- Assist senior staff with the writing and maintaining of placement and risk management plans
- Support young people in daily activities including family contact, attending local clubs, 1:1 activities in the community, promoting independence and social behaviour.
- Support and encourage educational engagement
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People
- You must be over the age of 22.
Can you deliver a positive and compassionate approach to care and really make a difference to the lives of young people? If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click the ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.