We are looking for positive and caring support workers to join our teams working in the Lancashire area.
The role is based within 4-6 bed houses working with children ages 6-19 with specific learning needs and Autistic spectrum disorders. Working alongside other support workers and management staff this role is perfect for anyone looking to start and develop a career within the care sector.
The home is an OFSTED rated OUTSTANDING children's residential care home provider, that provides expert residential, educational, and care for children.
The children attend a nearby specialist school where you will work alongside in house MDT, CAMHS nursing, speech, language and sensory therapists.
- Providing Personal Care (where required)
- Creating positive and supportive relationship with each individual child
- Ensuring all support and care meets company standards and OFSTED regulations
- Contribute, update and report on care plans
- Establish day to day care plans with the individual
- Medication distribution (where required)
- Work within the home, community and specialist residential school
- Ensuring that the well-being and behaviour of the children and young people are maintained and any significant behavioural or physical changes are immediately addressed and reported.
- Strive to create positive outcomes for each individual child
Pay and shift patterns
- £10 per hour (pay review after the probationary period)
- Full-time, permanent position
- Rolling rota, working a mixture of early, late or long day shifts
- 7:30- 16:00 and 15:30-22:00
- Waking night shifts are also available.
- Paid or personal experience in a similar environment
- General work experience within the care and childcare sector is desirable
- Experience working alongside children with learning difficulties and specific needs, is desirable
- The ability to drive is preferred but not essential.
- Desired QCF level 3 Diploma in relevant care/children & young people related area or equivalent or higher recognised qualification is desirable
If this position sounds of interest, please click "Apply". One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and your experience. At Vetro Recruitment we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC GOLD accredited and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.