If you are enthusiastic, resilient, and motivated, wanting to make a difference in the lives of young people we would love to hear from you.
Supporting young people in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, you can enable them to develop socially, emotionally, and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for. The role can be challenging but its incredibly rewarding! You will be committed, passionate, and able to engage, encourage, and mentor the young people, whilst having a whole lot of fun!
Getting paid to do arts and crafts, baking, football and cinema trips are a great perk of the job!
This is an incredible opportunity for a children's residential support worker to work in a beautiful children’s residential service supporting young people between the ages of 8 – 18 with EBD.
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Pay: £11.21 - £17.00 per hour
Hours: Full time and Part time hours available (shift pattern is flexible, a mixture of sleep-ins, weekdays/weekends)
Shift Pattern: 7.30am – 11pm / 10am - 10pm / 11pm - 8am / sleeps
- Comprehensive training package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training, Continuous Professional Development planning.
- Social Activities.
- No two days are the same.
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of children and make a positive difference.
- Holiday Pay
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development.
- Company pension scheme
- The main purpose of the role is to contribute to all aspects of the physical and emotional care of the children so as to promote their welfare whilst working in partnership with their family and other professionals.
- Encouraging young people to participate in activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age. You will provide support for the children and young people in the home to promote their independence and well-being whilst providing a therapeutic care environment.
- Ensuring the safety of the young people and maintaining up-to-date knowledge of the individual’s care plan, guidelines, reward system, and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically, dealing with challenging behaviours when needed, and maintaining a safe environment for young people.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers, and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Protecting children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Keeping the homely, friendly culture and environment of the home.
- Must have experience of working in a Children's residential setting.
- Must be over the age of 21
Can you deliver a holistic and integrated approach to care and really make a difference to the young people with Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties?
If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.