£19500 - £20500 per annum
02921 660 880
5 months ago
Are you looking for a position where you can make a difference? Are you a passionate individual who is looking to further their career or change career? Get in touch!
Residential Support Worker:
- You will support young people in a residential service, ensuring they are safe and supported at all times - allowing them to develop their emotional and social needs.
- You will be supporting and caring for children who demonstrate EBD.
- Recording the young person's activity & reporting key aspects of their care
- Promoting the young person's independence and developing their life skills
- Cook and prepare meals
- Administer medication to residents
- To work closely with the Registered Manager to ensure the home is managed efficiently, meeting OFSTED standards.
- Promote relationships between staff, young people and the community
- Supporting residents during the night, and dealing with any incidents that may occur in accordance with policy
- This role will be working for a client who has several homes within the East Midlands area.
- This particular children's residential service consists of two three-bed homes housing children with EBD aged between 8 and 17.
- This client prided themselves on ensuring an authentic care experience where children feel safe, supported and encouraged - allowing them to reach their full potential.
- The client is looking to hire one staff per home.
- £19,500 - £20,500 per year dependant on experience and qualifications.
- Staff work on average 43.25 hours a week covering 173 hours per month
- This position contains on average 7 to 10 sleep-ins per month
- A shift will be 10:00 am to 11:00 pm followed by a sleep till 7:00 am with your shift finishing at 10:30 am.
- Must be willing to work a mixture of days and weekends provided on a rotational basis.
- Experience within a children’s residential home beforehand is necessary for this role, candidates who may have worked with children, children's social care or younger adults' social care MAY be considered.
- A driving licence is necessary for this position.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 100 years combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC GOLD accredited and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.