£14391 - £17998 per annum + excellent package!!
24 days ago
Have you always wanted to make a positive impact on the lives of children & young people but never had the chance?
This is the job opportunity you have been waiting for!!
Vetro Recruitment are currently recruiting on behalf of our client for a number of full time support worker jobs supporting children & young people young people with autism and learning difficulties aged between 8 - 19 in a calm and supportive setting just outside Prestigne.
- Salary: £ £14,391 - £17,998 depending on experience and qualifications
- Location: Prestigne / Womaston / Knighton
- Hours: Full time (37.5 hours) to be worked on a shift based rota including weekends and bank holidays
- Shift Pattern: 12 hour shifts, long days and waking nights
- Contract Type: Permanent
- 28 days annual leave increasing with service
- Company pension scheme plus a great benefits package
- Comprehensive two-week induction programme
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Paid sick leave
- Death in service/life cover
- Perk Box- over 200 savings updated monthly
As a support worker for children with autism you will be responsible for:
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual's; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- The job also involves supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Experience in a Children's Support Work or similar setting is desirable.
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is desirable.
- A passion for supporting children and young people.
- You will need to be a driver for this support worker job.
- You must be over the age of 21 for this support worker job.
If you are looking for jobs in the Health & Social Care sector Vetro Recruitment are here to help!
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.