£19065 - £20985 per annum + Additional benefits
Menna Del Jones
13 days ago
Menna Del Williams
Children's Support Worker - NO WEEKENDS!
Permanent, 37.5 hours per week
Salary - £19,065 - £20,985 (sleep allowance included)
**Due to the rural location of the site, you must have a driver's licence and access to a car**
We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic individuals to provide high standards of person-centered support and care to young people. Through a creative and caring approach, you will build good relationships with the young people, supporting them to achieve their potential and explore new opportunities and interests. Participation in activities are key tasks for the role, so energy and initiative is vital.
As a Support Worker in our home you should be happy to work a shift rota system. This role will be working between Monday-Friday only.
Please see an example of a 2 week rota.
Week 1 - 3 x 15 hour shifts
Week 2 - 2 x 15 hour shifts
There is an opportunity for overtime if desired. This home is open 38 weeks per year.
Level 3 Residential Childcare qualification is highly desirable
Successful applicants will ideally have previous experience of working with young people with challenging behaviour.
As a Support Worker, you'll be doing the following:
- Be the young person's champion and as part of the wider team strive to ensure that they achieve their aspirations and full potential
- Manage the well-being and behaviour of young people ensuring behaviour are addressed promptly and sensitively
- Support young people in daily activities including family contact, attending local clubs, 1:1 activities in the community, promoting independence and social behaviour
- You will be assigned a key child and play a pivotal role in their day to day life including attending reviews and liaising with external agencies and advocating their needs
- Support and encourage educational engagement and attainment including homework and behavioural support within the education setting
- Working as a team you will ensure the home is kept to a good standard in all aspects of house-keeping.
To be considered for this role, please click "Apply". One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and your experience.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC GOLD accredited and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.