23 days ago
- Provide day to day support, care and guidance to children and teenagers in a residential setting.
- Encourage young people to succeed and progress through education and other activities
- Work as a team with other members of staff to provide a consistent, supportive and caring environment for young people
- Personal care may be required.
- Maintain the children's home to a suitable standard ensuring that it remains a welcoming and safe environment for young people to live in, which will include regulatory and required paperwork
- Work closely with young people to achieve personal goals and objectives and address any issues as and when they arise, working with other professionals where required / appropriate.
What we are looking for:
- Patient, sociable and empathetic, in order to establish good relationships with our young people based on confidence, trust, understanding and mutual respect.
- Prepared to deal with challenging behaviour which may be exhibited by a young person at any time for any number of reasons.
- Willing to assist in household maintenance tasks such as cleaning in order to maintain the high level of cleanliness expected within the children's homes.
- Experience working with young people.
- Learning disabilities experience is desired not essential.
- Drivers are desirable
- £8.75 per hour
- 21 hours
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply below and a member of the team will be in contact to discuss further.