Torfaen County Borough
about 2 months ago
Due to the nature of the role you MUST be a car driver.
- Covering ADHOC SHIFTS - Days, nights and Sleep-ins
- Pay from £10.09 p.h
- Location – Torfaen area
This organisation prides themselves on making a difference to the lives of the young people they support. They provide 2:1 support for children with emotional behaviour needs and self-harming tendencies. They provide support for young people aged 16 - 18 years old. These young people are in the transitional period out of children's service and preparing for independent or supported living services.
As a Children’s Residential Support Worker, you will be responsible for:
- To support the young people in their day-to-day living
- To ensure the safety of the young people and provide a safe environment for them to live in.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours and support emotional support when needed.
- Provide support for the young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the young people, other staff and professionals.
- Experience as a Support Worker with young people with self-harming tendencies – Essential
- Be open and approachable person – Essential
- Ability to build good relationships with service users, staff and professionals – Essential
- A DBS on the online update service would be – Desirable
- Children and Young people level 3 Qualification – Desirable
- Full UK driving licence is required due to the needs of the services – Essential
- 28 days Holiday (including bank holidays)
- Free Training
- Weekly pay
- Choose your shifts using Vetro's very own shift booking app
- £50 Love2Shop referral scheme
- Employee of the month scheme
- CV writing support and career advice
- Quick registration (including online Enhanced DBS check)
- 24/7 support from our dedicated team of recruitment consultants
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years’ experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.