£9.18 - £9.78 per hour + Dependant on Qualifications
10 months ago
This job is important because:
Your presence will enable the people needing support to lead fulfilling lives based upon their personal support needs.
You need to work to the standards set internally and externally (for example, by the Care Quality Commission), doing all you can to make sure that the people needing support and your colleagues come to no harm and that the people being supported are satisfied with the level of support they receive.
You will achieve this by communicating with individuals and by:
- Following the underpinning principles of Person Centred Active Support.
- Making sure that you support people to be as involved as possible in every moment of their lives.
- Offering people opportunities to be involved as often as possible, in the way that best suits them, e.g. as little or as much as they like.
- Offering 'just enough' support to ensure people succeed whilst still enabling their independance
- Ensuring that people you support make as many choices as possible, so they remain in control.
- Support people with learning disabilities to the highest standard and in line with their support plan, cultural needs and wishes.
- Support people with personal care if required, which may include toileting and bathing, in line with their support plan.
- Support and encourage people to make choices and life decisions in line with the Mental Capacity Act requirements.
- Assist and encourage people to engage in everyday home, social, leisure and work activities, according to the individual's choice.
- Support people with their health needs as required, e.g. taking medication and attending doctor's appointments.
- Keep accurate and up to date records.
- Support people with their finances, where necessary, and in line with company guidelines
- Promote health, safety and well-being of the people we support.
- Work positively with colleagues, families and external organisations and professionals.
- Look for opportunities to use Personalised Technology to increase people's independence.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Improve the support provided by discussing any new ideas.
- Participate in learning and development opportunities as required.
- Undertake any other duties as appropriate.