Up to £86400 per annum
about 1 month ago
I have a superb opportunity for a Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist to work part time within a specialist mental health hospital providing services to male user's aged 18+. The aim of the role is to provide medical leadership and to function as an active member of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Allocate specialist psychological treatments in line with individual need
- Assess physical health - taking special responsibility for medical issues/medically
- Supervising and directing the work of other staff who treat the patients.
- Ensuring effective liaison with referring teams.
- Facilitating regular CPA review meeting
- Act as Responsible Clinicians for patients detained under the Mental Health Act.
- To provide on-call service and ensure the provision of medical cover to the unit at all times.
About the role:
- You will provide clinical leadership to MDT team.
- You oversee the care and treatment of up to 12 patients with enduring mental illness and complex needs.
- You will be job sharing with a consultant from either of our 2 local sites.
- You will receive peer support from the consultant groups.
- You will have the support from a full MDT team as well as secretarial support.
- You will need excellent communication skills (both verbally and written) and the ability to build effective relationships with patients, colleagues and other professionals.
- Good IT skills are essential.
£86,400 working 3 days per week part time, extensive benefits.
**Apply below with an up to date CV and one of the of team will be in contact to discuss further**