£75 - £244 per day
about 1 month ago
Salary: £60 to £75 per day
We are currently seeking to recruit Cover Supervisors to work in a cluster of Secondary Schools in and around Cardiff on a long-term basis. The role is on an Ad Hoc basis, however there is potential for the requirement to turn in to a long-term position for the right candidate.
This is a great opportunity for those who have a qualification in the post 16+ sector or any graduates that want to go into the education sector. Are you a graduate looking to enhance your understanding of Secondary Education before fully committing to a Teach First application or PGCE, or additionally are you an experienced professional looking for a fresh job opportunity to cater around your personal life.
Role and Responsibilities of a Cover Supervisor:
As a Cover Supervisor, your role and responsibilities will include:
- Covering lessons in the absence of the timetabled teacher
- Supervising the delivery of the cover work by effectively communicating the work set to students
- Ensuring that the required resources needed in order to effectively deliver the covered lessons are available
- Managing the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking set work to ensure a positive learning environment
- Responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies in accordance with school policy and procedures
- Collecting completed work after lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
- Reporting back as appropriate, using the school's standard procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising.
Vetro will consider applications from individuals who hold one of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Post Graduate Degree/Certificate in Education
- FE Lecturer
- Experience of Cover Supervising
You will need to demonstrate that you have:
- Experience of working with secondary aged children
- The ability to manage groups of children and cope with challenging behaviour.
- The ability to build good relationships with children, teachers, parents and carers
- A knowledge of the National Curriculum for KS3 and KS4
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Good reading, writing and numeracy skills
- Good IT skills
- Quick registration (including online Enhanced DBS check)
- Excellent rates of pay
- Weekly pay runs
- NO PAYROLL CHARGES!
- Flexible working hours
- CV writing support and interview preparation
- Training opportunities
- Recommend a Friend Scheme
- Employee of the month £50-£250 Love2Shop voucher per person you recommend
- Holiday pay (option to accrue or have it paid on top of your wage)
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.