£75 - £90 per day
02921 660 880
about 2 months ago
Are you looking for a long term, full time role for January?
Could you make a real difference for the children you work with?
We are looking for highly motivated, flexible, and committed Cover Supervisors for long and term assignments in Secondary Schools across Newport.
***January start ***
Job Type: long term 5 days a week
Pay: £75 to £90 per day depending on experience.
About the Role:
The school is looking for an experienced and confident cover supervisor to take on a 5 day a week, long term role with them from January.
The main job of a Cover Supervisor is to manage a classroom, ensuring that students remain on task with the work they have been set by an absent teacher.
We are proud of the relationships we have with our schools. Our partnerships are based on mutual values and ethics so we know you are being placed at the best schools.
- Excellent Rates of pay, weekly pay, and no payroll charges
- Approved NPS Framework Supplier in Wales
- Flexible working hours to suit your needs
- Vetro Mobile App for communicating shift availability and booking work
- Support from an education-led consultant with a personal relationship
- Free Training
- Agency worker of the month
- Entry into our Golden Ticket to win £1000
- 24-hour registration (Online Enhanced DBS)
- Holiday Pay - paid weekly or accumulated in a holiday pot
- Contributed pension
- At least 3 months experience of working with secondary age pupils.
- Be registered with the EWC (School Support Worker)
- References covering the last two years (no gaps)
- Hold a current DBS on the update service or willing to take one out
- The Right to Work in the UK
- Covering lessons in the absence of the timetabled teacher
- Supervising the delivery of the cover work by effectively communicating the work set to students
- Ensuring that the required resources needed in order to effectively deliver the covered lessons are available
- Managing the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking set work to ensure a positive learning environment
- Responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies in accordance with school policy and procedures
- Collecting completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
- Reporting back as appropriate, using the school’s standard procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising.
Can you support and encourage children to flourish? If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.