£65 - £75 per day
4 months ago
What is the Role?
Secondary School Cover Supervisor
Where is the role?
What is the Salary?
£65 - £90 per day depending on experience
- Do you want to work in one of the best schools in the Cardiff LEA?
- Are you passionate about a career in Education?
- Are you the type of person who wants to make a difference to the lives of children within a school environment?
About the Role.
You can have the opportunity to work full time, part time or on a flexible Ad hoc basis and the school often requires cover in a variety of departments throughout the school. A number of Vetro Education's cover supervisors work at this school on a regular basis and always have very positive feedback from their time there.
Working as a Cover Supervisor can be very rewarding but also very demanding. The main job of a Cover Supervisor is to manage a classroom, ensuring that students remain on task with the work they have been set by an absent teacher.
What will your school day look like?
- Covering lessons in the absence of the timetabled teacher
- Supervising the delivery of the cover work by effectively communicating the work set to students
- Ensuring that the required resources needed in order to effectively deliver the covered lessons are available
- Managing the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking set work to ensure a positive learning environment
- Responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies in accordance with school policy and procedures
- Collecting completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
- Reporting back as appropriate, using the school's standard procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising.
Are you who the school is looking for?
- You will have Previous experience of working with children
- You will have the Confidence to control a class (often with no classroom assistants)
- You should have The ability to be flexible and work within a multitude of subjects
- You should be able to Assure that the class complete the work that is left by the class teacher
- You Need to Be open minded and think on your feet
This is a great opportunity for anyone currently working in the education system. We can offer you experience in a wide range of settings, which will enable you to further develop your knowledge and experience whilst building upon career goals.
Not sure if being a Cover Supervisor is for you? Contact us to find out more about our Introduction to Cover Supervising courses.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 100 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help. www.vetrorecruitment.co.uk Vetro recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunity employer and decisions are made on merits alone.