£18200 - £20758 per annum + 4 on 8 off fixed rota
20 days ago
Crisis Support OR Senior Support Worker
Outward Bound activity | Crisis Intervention Activity Centre
Salary: £18200 - £20758 doe + enhancements
Full Time | Permanent | 4 on 8 off rota - Includes Sleep In | Drivers Essential
Vetro Recruitment are working alongside a leading organisation and seeking Support / Senior Support workers for their residential home based in Gloucestershire, registered with Ofsted and is licensed by AALS (Adventurous Activities Licensing Service) to operate using adventurous activities. This is a unique role where the organisation provide both short term placements providing a staff ratio of 2:1 through to full residential care, committed to providing creative child centred care packages for children and young people with complex needs to move from a disrupted or broken down placement to a more stable, permanent placement.
About the Role
With the bulk of activities being outdoors across the UK, from the Brecon Beacons to the Lake District; they use temporary accommodation such as cottages, caravans, bunk barns and camping in rural locations, so the young person spends time away from home. Activities are varied and include, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, abseiling, bouldering, climbing, mountain walking, horse riding, as well as slower paced activities (beach walking, fishing, visiting farms and parks). Taking children out 1:1 with 2:1 support this is an intense yet rewarding role, on completing the programme, the young people show improved levels of self-esteem, confidence and positivity. You will assist in the motivation of Young People to take an active part in decision making and be involved in the design and delivery of the care they receive.
- Young people will achieve things they never thought were possible, managing risks and developing new skills gives the young people a sense of hope for the future; promoting growth, responsibility, learning and positive outcomes.
Requirements of the Role
- Diploma Level 3 qualified in Children and Young Peoples workforce - desirable although fully funded support will be provided to ensure you achieve this qualification within 2 years of employment, in line with regulatory requirements.
- You will consider yourself to be a resilient and reliable individual who is able to remain calm in situations that will be difficult and challenging
- Full Manual UK Driving Licence - Essential
- Ability to work shifts which include 4 on (and sleep-ins) and 8 off
- Water based qualifications: * BCU UKCC Level 1 Coach plus 3* (canoe or kayak), or BCU Level 2 coach (canoe or kayak) * RYA Dinghy Instructor or Coastal Skipper Award would be advantageous
- After 6 months gain additional qualifications in Outward bound activities
- This position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure Check through the Criminal Records Bureau.
- Opportunity to change young people's lives focusing on learning and development in stunning locations, allowing you to explore the mountains, sea and rivers
- Continuous career development, with an individualised training and development package, with dedicated training days, and a progressive salary scale
- Full time permanent employment in a vibrant working environment
- A supportive work place enabling you to reach your professional potential
* Due to the nature of the role (4 day blocks) commutable from areas such as: Gloucestershire; Bristol; Worcester; Cardiff; Swindon; Hereford; Oxford ...
HOWEVER, life experience is invaluable - if you have had to overcome challenges in your own life, you become relatable to the young people. The practical advice and support you would be able to provide from having "been there" yourself would be fantastic.
To be considered for this role, please click "Apply". One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and your experience.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC GOLD accredited and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.