£42000 - £45000 per annum
8 months ago
I have a superb opportunity for a DBT Nurse Specialist RMN RNLD to work within a specialist mental health hospital based in Wellington, Somerset. The centre provides care and support to adults with varying levels of mental illness.
About the role:
- The DBT Nurse Specialist role plays a key part in supporting the psychology department in developing and delivering the hospital strategy on treating Personality Disorder, contributing to the operational and clinical effectiveness of nursing and allied professional teams.
- Supports psychology department in delivering a DBT service including assessment, structured DBT skills group programme, individual sessions and practitioner consultations.
- Undertake assessment of suitability for treatment programme, including face to face meetings and written reports.
- Co-facilitate structured DBT Skills Groups for patients within the hospital
- Provide a caseload of clients with one to one DBT skills, & reinforcement skills.
- Promotes an effective working relationship across multidisciplinary teams.
- Ensures delivery of the highest level of clinical and therapeutic care together with ensuring compliance with statutory regulations and current legislation, meeting quality standards and delivering against quality performance indicators.
- Responsible for ensuring that all colleagues receive clinical supervision in accordance with professional guidelines.
- To ensure relevant staffs work within the standards and frameworks of professional codes of conduct and to take remedial action as appropriate.
- To help Manages and develops a highly skilled and motivated workforce.
- As part of the Management Team will carry out on-call duties as directed by Hospital Director.
- A registered nurse together with full membership/accreditation of a relevant professional institution and evidence of continuous professional development.
- To have completed DBT Foundation training
- Knowledge and understanding of the aetiology, presentation and clinical issues surrounding Personality Disorder
- Experience of specialist personality disorder assessment.
- Experience of positive risk management within a high risk client group
- Passionate about providing high quality care and continuous improvement.
- High levels of integrity and boundaries.
- A recognised mentoring certificate (Desirable)
- Experience of working within a similar role for 2 years
- Experience of leading, implementing and reviewing DBT initiatives in a related environment
- RMN/RNLD Qualification
- 5 years post registration experience
- Experience in DBT
- Leadership and Management Skills
£42,000 - £45,000 working full time, plus extensive benefits, career progression opportunities.