Up to £25183 per annum
24 days ago
*** CAR DRIVERS ONLY ***
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Deputy Manager to join a small Children's Residential service, with homes in and around the Taunton area (homes in Wellington, Chard and Bridgwater).
You will be supporting Young People with Challenging Behaviour and Social, Emotional Behaviour Difficulties aged between 10-18.
If you are a Senior Support Worker looking to step up - this may be the role for you!
Salary: £25,183 per year inclusive of sleep ins.
Hours: 3 week rolling rota, 24hr sleep in shifts.
Week 1: Mon, Weds, Sat
Week 2: Tue, Fri, Sun
Week 3: Thursday
Shifts are 8am-8am.
- To support the Registered Manager in overall management of the home and deputise in their absence.
- To protect children and young people from risks to their health, welfare and development.
- To ensure that the home environment is appropriate and sensitive to the needs of the children being looked after and is compliant with the Children's Homes Regulations and Quality Standards.
- To provide support and social learning for the children and young people.
- To encourage and support children and young people to take responsibility for their own lives commensurate with their age and ability.
- To ensure compliance with the Children's Homes Regulations and the Quality Standards.
- To provide support and guidance to other staff, ensuring they are able to carry out their role effectively in line with company policy and procedures.
- To create a positive and supportive culture within the staff team.
- 28 days annual leave - equivalent of 14 sessions per year.
- Bank holidays enhancements.
- Help through qualifications and training.
- MUST be a car driver due to location of the homes and for transporting the young people.
- MUST be over the age of 25 due to the policies and regulations of the homes.
- NVQ Level 3 Children and Young People is essential.
- MUST have experience of supporting young people with challenging behaviour, at a Senior or Deputy position.
- Be willing to undertake and complete further training and development, as necessary in order to enhance service delivery.
- At least two years' experience of working in care.
- Be passionate about supporting young people with both Asperger's, Emotional Behavioural Difficulties and challenging behaviour.
If this sounds like something you are interested in, click apply! Or refer a friend for up to £250!!