£27659 - £28591 per annum
02921 660 880
about 1 month ago
Liquid error: internal
Supporting young people in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, you can enable them to develop socially, emotionally, and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for. The role is challenging but incredibly rewarding! You will be committed, passionate, and able to engage, encourage, and mentor the young people, whilst having a whole lot of fun!
We have an incredible opportunity for a Deputy Manager to join a FANTASTIC 4-bedded residential home for children and young people, based in Chelmarsh, near Bridgenorth, Shropshire, supporting young people between the ages of 8-18 with, Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties (EBD) and challenging behaviours.
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Salary: £27,659 - £28,591 (sleep allowance included)
Location: Chelmarsh, Shropshire
Hours: Full time, 39 hours per week (shift pattern is 2 on 4 off or 1 on 2 off, inclusive of sleep-ins)
Shift pattern: 7.30am – 11pm sleep 7am – 11pm sleep 7am – 8am
About the Role:
You will be joining an established and experienced care team as a Deputy Manager or a Senior Children's Residential Support Worker. This role is offered on a full-time basis, working on a 2 on 4 off shift pattern which is inclusive of sleep-ins. You will receive an in-depth induction and training programme upon joining this Children’s Residential Service, and your duties will include:
- Encouraging young people to participate in activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age. You will provide support for the children and young people in the home to promote their independence and well-being whilst providing a therapeutic care environment.
- Ensuring the safety of the young people and maintaining up-to-date knowledge of the individual’s care plan, guidelines, reward system, and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically, dealing with challenging behaviours when needed, and maintaining a safe environment for young people.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers, and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Protecting children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Keeping the homely, friendly culture and environment of the home.
- Entitlement to 28 days of annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Enrolment onto vocational qualification courses.
- Progressive pay scale – the more qualifications you earn, the higher your pay.
- Access to a voluntary benefits including discounts at cinemas, restaurants and retail establishments
- Enrolment into the NEST Pension scheme.
- Refer a Friend scheme – recommend a friend to come and work with Keys and you’ll earn a £500 bonus!
- Enhanced DBS Check paid for by the service.
- Experience as a Senior Children’s Residential Support Worker or Deputy Manager in a children's residential service.
- You must be a car driver as you will be required to transport young people from time-to-time.
- You must be over the age of 21.
- NVQ or QCF Level 3 in Children & Young People or Childrens Residential Childcare.
- Must be flexible and willing to work shifts and weekends.
Can you deliver a holistic and integrated approach to care and really make a difference to the young people with Emotional Behavioural Disorders? If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.