You’ll be based at a beautiful, 5 bedded home, supporting children between the ages of 5 - 16 who are highly traumatised. The children have been exposed to and have suffered physical and emotional abuse, alongside sexual abuse and neglect.
**My client can only interview candidates who have a full UK Driving Licence**
- Location - Littlehampton, West Sussex (BN16 postcode)
- Type of role - Permanent, full time
- Salary - £29,500 - £32,000 dependant on experience and qualifications
- Shift Pattern - 40 hours per week (you must be able to work some weekends and complete sleep ins)
- An enthusiastic, supportive, encouraging management and staff team
- A fully accredited Therapeutic Community environment specialised in working with children who have suffered trauma
- High levels of internal and external clinical support and supervision both in group and individual spaces to support you with this challenging work.
- Diverse opportunities for career development
- An excellent professional development programme including the development of psychoanalytic practice.
- A supportive and learning reflective culture
- Generous Company Pension Scheme
- Company Sick Pay
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Introduction Scheme & Staff Event
Duties of a Deputy Children’s Home Manager;
- Supporting the management to run a successful staff team and all day to day operations of the home
- To assist the management team with the supervisions of junior staff
- Inducting new staff into the homes procedure and culture
- Ensuring the highest standards of care in relation to the young people's physical, behavioural and emotional needs.
- Assist senior staff with the writing and maintaining of placement and risk management plans
- Support young people in daily activities including family contact, attending local clubs, 1:1 activities in the community, promoting independence and social behaviour
- At least 2 years experience working in a Children’s Residential setting - ESSENTIAL
- Experience working with children with physically or emotionally challenging behaviour - ESSENTIAL
- Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare or equivalent - ESSENTIAL
- Ability to lead a team of staff, according the targets and goals of the home manager
- You must be a driver and hold a full UK driving license
- You must be over the age of 21
If this sounds like your dream role, I would love to hear from you. Click ‘APPLY’ now!!
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.