South West London, London
£48000 - £56000 per annum
4 months ago
Location: Southwest London
Salary: £48,761 - £55,332 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week - Fixed Term
Closing Date: 8/11/19
Vetro recruitment are working with a specialist school that provides specialist education for children and young people aged 9 to 19 with Asperger's Syndrome, mild to moderate autism and associated disorders.
Should you be successful, you will be joining a strong, creative team specialising in the education and care of children and young people who are diagnosed as being on the autistic spectrum with associated learning difficulties. The children and young people may also exhibit challenging behaviour as a result of their communication difficulties and lack of social understanding.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Deputy Head Teacher to join this fantastic team and continue their outstanding performance. They are looking for a practitioner with a passion for providing children and young people with special needs with the best possible education, to join the school's senior leadership team. The role is mainly non-classroom based, although your responsibilities may include some teaching. This post is suitable for candidates who have proven leadership experience, either at Middle Leadership or SLT level, who are excited by innovative practice and want to make a difference to the lives of all pupils in our school.
Successful candidates will ideally have experience of managing young people with challenging behaviour, including those with ASD and communication difficulties. However, the school would also like to hear from teachers with an interest in and desire to learn more about special needs.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an outstanding practitioner, with an unwavering commitment to the highest standards for teaching and learning
- Be resourceful, innovative and able to embrace change
- Be able to accept challenges, inspire and motivate others
- Have a passion for children and young people's learning and development at all levels
- Maintain and develop the excellent existing relationships within the school and its wider community and stakeholders.
- Help build, communicate and implement a shared vision which expresses core values and moral purpose to support the school in attaining excellence in all it does.
- Have a visible and respected presence across the school.
- Be receptive to change and have the ability to work under pressure.
- Be able to work well as part of a welcoming, hard-working and committed team.
The school offers the following benefits:
- Online discounts and cashback for high street to holidays
- Free monthly £1,000 colleague lotto
- We pay for your DBS
- Career Pathways - Our commitment to your career progression
- Amazing charity schemes
- Free parking on site
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Education, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Education acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.