£24000 - £25000 per annum + continuous training & development provided
6 months ago
Deputy Manager - Children & Young People
Somerset: Wellington - Chard - Bridgwater
Full Time / Permanent
Salary: £24,000 - £25,000 Negotiable depending on experience
CAR DRIVER 25 YEARS+
About the Employer
Vetro Recruitment are looking for a Deputy Manager OR Senior Support Worker; with proven background supporting Children & Young People in a residential setting looking to take the next step and progress to Deputy Manager. You will be joining an established company with homes in and around the Taunton area (Homes in Wellington, Chard and Bridgwater).
As a Deputy Manager, supporting Children & Young People every day will be different and you won't find a more rewarding career....
You will be supporting Young People with Challenging Behaviour and Social, Emotional Difficulties aged between 10-18. A small but established and knowledgeable company, with a handful of lovely homes that can accommodate 10 young people. The company provide placements for young people with social and emotional difficulties. This is a rewarding opportunity to work with children in a residential care setting, providing day to day support, guidance and activities to children and teenagers, aims are to transform the lives of looked-after children.
- MUST be a car driver due to location of the homes and transporting the young people and over 25 (for insurance purposes)
- Diploma Level 3 / Children and Young People is essential.
- Experience of supporting young people with challenging behaviour, alongside a minimum of two years experience at a Senior or Deputy position.
- Be willing to undertake and complete further training and development, as necessary in order to enhance service delivery.
- Be passionate about supporting young people with both Asperger's, Emotional Behavioural Difficulties and challenging behaviour.
- Must be resilient, good at boundary setting and sticking to your decisions.
- To support the Registered Manager in overall management of the home and deputise in their absence.
- Provide support to the Registered Manager in ensuring adequate staffing levels are maintained at all times.
- Deliver on the content of the Statement of Purpose of the home.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health, welfare and development.
- Ensure that the home environment is appropriate and sensitive to the needs of the children being looked after and is compliant with the Children's Homes Regulations and Quality Standards.
Salary: inclusive of sleep ins.
Hours: 3 week rolling rota, 24-hour shifts (more details will be given over the phone).
You will work 122 sessions per year.
- 28 days annual leave - equivalent of 14 sessions per year.
- Bank holidays enhancements.
- Help through qualifications and training.
- Cash Plan Health Policy.
- Group Personal Accident Insurance and Illness Policy.
Are you the one we're looking for? Apply now by clicking the Apply button, or contact Lyndsay by email or phone me for an initial conversation.
We currently have a number of social care; in addition to this vacancy ... so if this isn't quite what you are looking for please feel free to contact me to discuss your requirements further - ranging from full and part time; contract; permanent. If you feel any of the above is of interest to you, please contact me for an informal, confidential chat.
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.