As a Deputy Manager of the children’s home, you will be a key member of the team, providing high standards of person-centred support and care to the young people and staff, and you will support the Registered Manager.
You will have the children and quality at the heart of your values, and the vision to inspire and support the young people to lead happy and successful lives.
The ideal candidate for this position will have strong leadership and managerial skills and experience leading within a residential home for children & young people with EBD.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Deputy Manager to join a small but established and experienced care team - to support the provision of care in the residential service.
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Salary: £26,000 - £27,000 (inclusive of sleeps)
Hours: Full-Time - 12 / 24 / 48 hour shifts
Contract Type: Permanent
About the organisation:
The organisation recognises that their success will be measured by the outcomes they achieve for the young people in their care. They aim to ensure that every young person fulfils their potential and leads an extraordinary life. The service is child-focused and intent on delivering the highest quality of standards in an environment that is stimulating, nurturing and homely.
Our client works closely with the young people, their parents, carers and professionals to identify the strategies, resources and learning that will help them overcome their personal challenges and thrive. They strive to design and deliver individual care plans that will support the children achieve their personal objectives and promote significant life opportunities.
About the job:
You will be joining an established and experienced care team at a leading residential service as a Deputy Manager. You will be responsible for supporting the manager in the day-to-day running of the residential service, and most importantly the wellbeing of the children and young people within their care.
This role is perfect for someone already working as a Deputy Manager looking for a new opportunity to join an ambitious organisation.
As a Deputy Manager you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the management to run a successful staff team and all day to day operations of the home
- To assist the management team with the supervisions of junior staff
- Inducting new staff into the homes procedure and culture
- Ensuring the highest standards of care in relation to the young people’s physical, behavioural and emotional needs.
- Assist senior staff with the writing and maintaining of placement and risk management plans
- Support young people in daily activities including family contact, attending local clubs, 1:1 activities in the community, promoting independence and social behaviour.
- Comprehensive Training Package
- Scheduled ongoing training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
Key Skills Required:
- Experience as a Senior Children’s Support Worker or Deputy Manager in a similar setting is essential.
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People
- Ideally you will have the NVQ or QCF level 5 or be willing to study towards it
- You must be a driver as you may be required to transport the young people
If you are looking to be rewarded with an opportunity where you can really make a difference, leading and inspiring a growing and ambitious organisation, this role is for you!
A career-defining opportunity to deliver a holistic and integrated approach to care and really make a difference to the young people with Emotional Behavioural Disorders. Click ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.