£28000 - £31000 per annum, Benefits: Opportunity to do the NVQ level 5 Children & Young People Management
02921 660 880
9 months ago
If you have been waiting for the right time to step up into a Deputy Manager Role this is your chance!
I have a fantastic opportunity for a Deputy Manager to join a settled and PASSIONATE team in the Wellington area. Your duties would include assisting in running a smooth environment for your team. You would support the team leaders and support workers that are responsible for 3 young people with emotional behavioural difficulties. The home is easily accessible from Exeter, Taunton and Bridgewater and the location is a STUNNING 5 bed home with 6 acres of land, including its very own tennis court.
If you are passionate and able to engage with your team on all levels then this could be the right move for you. You have to encourage and mentor the young people, whilst supporting the team leader and senior management to run a happy and settled home. You will be 80% office based and 20% shift based. Our client operates a therapeutic setting and believes in the philosophy of making incredible memories with the children they support including once in a lifetime trips to Dubai, Disney Land and annual ski trips!!
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car and you MUST hold the Level 3 in Children & Young People to be considered for this role**
Salary: £28,000 - £31,000 Plus overtime available!!
Location: Wellington, Somerset (TA21 postcode)
Hours: Average 40 hours a week
Shift Pattern: Mostly office based ie 9am - 5pm + 1x15 hour shift per week.
1 in 4 on-call (telephone support only)
- Opportunity to do the NVQ level 5 Children & Young People Management qualification - fully funded!
- Fully funded induction training offered
- Free holidays to destinations such as Dubai/Disney Land
- 2 staff away days per year (fully paid activities such as dragon boating and go-karting)
- Free tennis coaching
- Company pension
- Access to discounts for shopping outlets, restaurants and cinema’s
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- Supporting the management to run a successful staff team and all day to day operations of the home
- To assist the management team with the supervisions of junior staff
- Inducting new staff into the homes procedure and culture
- Ensuring the highest standards of care in relation to the young people's physical, behavioural and emotional needs.
- Assist senior staff with the writing and maintaining of placement and risk management plans
- Support young people in daily activities including family contact, attending local clubs, 1:1 activities in the community, promoting independence and social behaviour.
- NVQ or QCF Level 3 in Children and Young People is ESSENTIAL
- NVQ or OCF Level 5 in Leadership and management for Children’s Residential Services DESIRABLE
- Experience in a residential children's home environment is ESSENTIAL
- Full Driving Licence is ESSENTIAL as you may be required to transport the children from time to time
- Experience of safeguarding measures and responsibilities ESSENTIAL
If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click the ‘APPLY’ now!
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.