Are you currently a Deputy Manager looking to move into a thriving organisation within Children's Residential services?
Or are you looking to step up from a Senior Support Worker/ Team Leader role into your first management opportunity? Now is your chance!
We have an INCREDIBLE opportunity for a Deputy Manager to join one of the UK’s leading Children’s Residential Service providers in a settled Children's Residential home in the Taunton area. Not only will you be supporting the team, you will be representing a service that believes in going the extra mile for the children in their care.
Salary: £26,593 - £32,460 (sleep allowance included)
Shifts: 12-24 hr shifts on a rolling rota (depending on the needs of the home)
Hours: 39hrs per week
- Opportunity to complete the level 5 in Leadership and Management fully funded!!
- 28 days annual leave and company pension scheme
- Enrolment onto vocational qualification courses.
- Progressive pay scale – the more qualifications you earn, the higher your pay.
- Access to Benefits Package (Retail, Leisure, Entertainment Discounts, Access to Employee Assistance Program, Health & Eye Care)
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced DBS Check paid for by the organisation.
Duties will include;
- Supporting the management to run a successful staff team and all day to day operations of the home
- To assist the management team with the supervisions of junior staff
- Inducting new staff into the homes procedure and culture
- Ensuring the highest standards of care in relation to the young people's physical, behavioural and emotional needs.
- Assist senior staff with the writing and maintaining of placement and risk management plans
- Support young people in daily activities including family contact, attending local clubs, 1:1 activities in the community, promoting independence and social behaviour.
Key Skills Required:
- NVQ Level 3 in Children's Residential Services is ESSENTIAL
- Experience in a residential children's home environment is ESSENTIAL
- Full UK driving licence is ESSENTIAL as you may be required to transport the children from time to time
If you are looking to be rewarded with an opportunity where you can really make a difference, leading and inspiring a growing and ambitious organisation, this role is for you!
A career-defining opportunity to deliver a holistic and integrated approach to care and really make a difference to the young people with Emotional Behavioural Disorders.
Click ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.