Cowbridge, Vale of Glamorgan
£27150 - £28156 per annum
4 months ago
*** CAR DRIVERS ONLY ***
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Deputy Manager to join a small Children's Residential service in Cowbridge in the heart of the Vale of Glamorgan.
You will be supporting Young People with Challenging Behaviour and Social, Emotional Behaviour Difficulties aged between 10-18.
If you are a Senior Support Worker looking to step up - this may be the role for you!
Salary: £27,150 - £28,156 per year inclusive of sleep-ins.
Shift Pattern: A mixture of 14 / 24 and 48 hour shifts
- To support the Registered Manager in the overall management of the home and deputise in their absence.
- To protect children and young people from risks to their health, welfare and development.
- To ensure that the home environment is appropriate and sensitive to the needs of the children being looked after and is compliant with the Children's Homes Regulations and CIW.
- To provide support and social learning for children and young people.
- To encourage and support children and young people to take responsibility for their own lives commensurate with their age and ability.
- To provide support and guidance to other staff, ensuring they are able to carry out their role effectively in line with company policy and procedures.
- To create a positive and supportive culture within the staff team.
- 28 days annual leave
- Help through qualifications and training.
- MUST be a car driver due to the location of the homes and for transporting young people.
- MUST be over the age of 25 due to the policies and regulations of the homes.
- NVQ or QCF Level 3 Children and Young People is essential.
- MUST have experience of supporting young people with challenging behaviour, at a Senior or Deputy position.
- Be willing to undertake and complete further training and development, as necessary in order to enhance service delivery.
- At least two years' experience of working in care.
- Be passionate about supporting young people with Emotional Behavioural Difficulties and challenging behaviour.
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.