Up to £26000 per annum
19 days ago
Alexandra Watts RGN
We are looking to appoint a Deputy Manager for a special residential school in the heart of Welshpool, Powys.
The service provides on-site residential care and education for young males aged between 11 to 18 with Inappropriate & challenging behaviour.
Your role as Deputy Manager
- Annual Salary - £26,000 Dependent on Experience
- Hours per week: 40
- Competitive Annual leave with 28 days leave per annum
- 3 week rolling rota
- Permanent Full time role, flexible working week
- Extra benefits that include pension, childcare vouchers
Please note QCF Level 3 is essential to be considered for this post and Level 5 desirable (or willing to work towards)
About the Service
This small and specialist private service is a centre of excellence for young males who have been exhibited inappropriate behaviours. Research and evidenced based models are used in this service which are underpinned by specialist trained staff, to deliver stable placements with best outcomes.
The aim is to provide a safe place where young people can experience consistent and secure boundaries which support individual growth and achievement.
The service is well established with an excellent and has been nominated as the first accredited therapeutic community for children in Wales.
The only accredited TC for children in Wales with an excellent CIW inspection report for Care and glowing Estyn monitoring report for the on site school.
Organisationally just achieved GOLD Investors in People Award and have great employee engagement and feedback.
About the role
- To assist with the day-to-day management and care of young people in the therapeutic community, ensuring the establishment and maintenance of an environment that meets their physical, emotional, social, educational and cultural needs
- To manage effectively a broad range of responsibilities through appropriate delegation and effective time and workload management techniques.
- To role model therapeutic community working, reflective practice, relationship based working and child centred thinking.
- To provide the staff team with strong managerial leadership, direction and clarity of expectation.
- To effectively participate in the planning and management of care by attending statutory reviews and a range of other meeting
- To ensure young people are supervised and kept safe whilst maintaining a relaxed and relationship-based approach
- To promote and model anti-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes at all times.
To register your interest for this role, please apply with your CV via this ad.
Alternatively you can call Alex for a confidential chat on 029 21 660 880.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 100 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.