Up to £23309 per annum
3 months ago
Vetro Recruitment are looking for a Deputy Manager to join a small company with homes in and around the Taunton area (Homes in Wellington, Chard and Bridgwater).
You will be supporting Young People with Challenging Behaviour and Social, Emotional Difficulties aged between 10-18.
Salary: £23,309 per year inclusive of sleep ins.
Hours: 3 week rolling rota, 24-hour shifts (more details will be given over the phone).
You will work 122 sessions per year.
A small but experienced and knowledgeable company. They have four lovely homes that can accommodate 10 young people aged 10-17. The company provide placements for young people with social and emotional difficulties. These difficulties have often come about due to early life experiences such as family crisis or trauma. This affects and has built barriers on the young people's progress and developments towards their future. The placements at this company are designed to produce positive outcomes through working on the behaviours.
- 28 days annual leave - equivalent of 14 sessions per year.
- Bank holidays enhancements.
- Help through qualifications and training.
- Cash Plan Health Policy.
- Group Personal Accident Insurance and Illness Policy.
- MUST be a car driver due to location of the homes and transporting the young people.
- NVQ Level 3 Children and Young People is desirable but not essential.
- MUST have experience of supporting young people with challenging behaviour, at a Senior or Deputy position.
- Be willing to undertake and complete further training and development, as necessary in order to enhance service delivery.
- At least two years' experience of working in care.
- Be passionate about supporting young people with both Asperger's, Emotional Behavioural Difficulties and challenging behaviour.
- Must be resilient, good at boundary setting and sticking to your decisions.
- To support the Registered Manager in overall management of the home and deputise in their absence.
- To provide support to the Registered Manager in ensuring adequate staffing levels are maintained at all times.
- To protect children and young people from risks to their health, welfare and development.
- To ensure that the home environment is appropriate and sensitive to the needs of the children being looked after and is compliant with the Children's Homes Regulations and Quality Standards.
- To provide support and social learning for the children and young people.
- To actively promote the involvement of all children and young people in the home's social group and counter isolation of individuals by others.
- To ensure that children and young people facing particular crisis and stresses are offered appropriate additional support, and to ensure that staff are supported in dealing with the most complex cases.
- To participate in the development, implementation and monitoring of individual children and young people's care plans.
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with parents and other family members; social workers; school staff and other professionals with a concern for the children or young person's needs such as general practitioners or psychologists.
- To ensure that specific needs are met, such as dietary requirements, religious observance and culturally significant activities.
- To encourage and support children and young people to take responsibility for their own lives commensurate with their age and ability.
- To ensure compliance with the Children's Homes Regulations and the Quality Standards.
- To provide support and guidance to other staff, ensuring they are able to carry out their role effectively in line with company policy and procedures.
- To create a positive and supportive culture within the staff team.
- To maintain a safe environment complying with health and safety and other legal requirements.
- To maintain professional knowledge and skills through reading, attending conferences, training and other such activities and to achieve and maintain continuous professional development.
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.