Up to £24170 per annum
8 months ago
*** CAR DRIVERS ONLY ***
We are currently recruiting for experienced full-time and permanent Deputy Managers to join a dynamic and fast paced Children's Residential home based in Wiltshire which supports children with emotional behavioural difficulties and very challenging behaviour within a residential setting. Homes are based in Warminster, Frome, Radstock and Salisbury.
The successful candidate will receive a salary of £24,170 per year including sleep in shifts. 175 average hours per month (not including sleep in shifts).
Must be willing to work 24hr sleep in shifts with non-contact time available for admin.
About the Organisation:
The organisation supports and educates children with emotional behavioural difficulties and very challenging behaviour within a residential setting. Secure placements are offered to young people aged 11-18 who display challenging and harmful behaviours. The welfare of the children in this care setting is paramount and the aim is to create a positive living environment, enabling these young people to achieve an independent and fulfilled life.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- To deputise for the Registered Manager and in their absence be responsible for the operation and management of the Residential Home.
- Maintain the highest standards in the home at all times, by undertaking regular checks and managing team members.
- To work as part of a team to holistically support the young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties and challenging behaviour.
- Join the on-call rota.
- Ensure that the Safeguarding Policy is followed at all times.
Experience and Qualifications:
- It is an essential requirement that Deputy Managers hold a minimum NVQ Level 3 qualification in Residential Childcare or equivalent.
- To be promoted to Registered Manager, you need to be actively studying for an NVQ Level 5 qualification in Leadership and Management in Residential Care or relevant alternative and gain this qualification within 3 years of appointment.
- A minimum of one year's experience of working at a Senior level in working with children and young people.
- Experience within this sector is essential.
- Excellent leadership/management skills.
- Knowledge of the regulations.
- Must be a car driver with a Full UK Driving Licence due to the rural location of the setting.
- Must be over the age of 23 due to the age of the oldest young person at the setting.
- Enhanced DBS Clearance.