About the role
Our client is located in the Portsmouth area and is a supported living unit caring for service users who have autistic spectrum conditions and learning disabilities. We are looking for enthusiastic and driven individuals to work closely with vulnerable adults, their family members, carers and professionals to ensure each individual service user reaches their full potential.
Due to the patients being female and the requirements needed for the role, we are seeking female Support Workers. You will be providing 1 to 1 support to females who are in wheelchairs, they provide assistance with, dressing, bathing and eating.
The organisation fully believes in providing the best support for individuals who need it most to help them lead ordinary lives in their local community.
Each week we require you to provide us with your availability to work, we will then offer you shifts that fit in with your availability. We have an outstanding amount of work available at the moment, with part time and full time hours available.
Job Type: Flexible on going work
Shifts: flexible shifts depending on your preference. Full time/ part time. Day/night shifts and sleep-ins available. Long days are also available if desired.
Pay: Pay rate £9.99 (inclusive of holidays)
- Supporting clients within the supported living units
- Assisting with meal preparation
- Supporting service users with social activities and day groups
- Helping with general housekeeping
- Encouraging independence
- Weekly pay (every Friday)
- Flexible working hours to suit your needs
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Free Car parking on site
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPP)
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- A comprehensive induction training programme
- Potential for career development within the site and organisation
- Holiday Pay
- Refer a friend scheme
- On going training
- 24 hour support line from vetro nursing
- Valid DBS uploaded on the update system. (DBS forms can be purchased through our online application)
- Right to work in the UK
- Complete the company's mandatory online training courses if you do not have a current certificate for them. These are free of charge to you.
What will you bring to the role?
As a support worker you will need to be caring, empathetic and enthusiastic. You will be comfortable working with challenging behaviours and supporting vulnerable adults to engage in different activities in the community.
What happens next?
If this position sounds of interest and you think you have what it takes to be an excellent Support Worker then we want to hear from you! APPLY NOW!
Why not take a look at our about us video for more information on Vetro by clicking the link below:
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.