Up to £134800 per annum
8 months ago
I have a superb opportunity for a forensic psychiatrist to work within a low secure hospital based in Cardiff, providing support to adults with varying levels of mental illness and personality disorders.
- The unit boasts a robust multi-disciplinary team where the psychiatrist works alongside colleagues from Psychology; Nursing; Occupational Therapy; and Social Work to provide high quality care.
- The Psychiatrist we are looking for will be responsible for the inpatient care and individual treatment and discharge plans for the patients under his / her care in line with the Care Programme Approach.
- You will be experienced in leading inpatient care reviews; CPA's, MHRT's and Managers Hearings.
- The psychiatrist will also hold peer review/clinical supervision sessions with Associate Specialists, as appropriate.
- Participation in pre-admission assessments of patients and to report back to the agreed forum
- Taking a lead role in medical and clinical audit activities.
- Participation in on-call cover for the hospital, on a rota to be agreed with the Hospital Director and Hospital Medical Director.
- Provide cover for colleagues during periods of absence, as agreed with the Hospital Director and Hospital Medical Director.
- Participation in Continuing Professional Development activities and an in-house educational / training programme.
- Perform other appropriate duties as agreed from time to time with the Hospital Director and Hospital medical Director.
- Involvement in the hospital Clinical Governance programme.
- Other duties in line with the responsibility of the role
£134,800 working full time 37.5 hours per week, extensive benefits.