£8 - £9 per hour
about 1 month ago
We are recruiting Health Care Assistants/Support Workers for a specialist hospital who are looking for talented enthusiastic Health Care Assistants/Health Care Assistants. The hospital which offers a comprehensive inpatient specialist mental health service for young people and adults is located in the greater Manchester area.
The service is dedicated to providing innovative, high quality care and treatment for service users with challenging and complex needs, in order to enable their recovery and re-engagement with the community.
A critical member of the Ward team, supporting and assisting Registered Nurses in the assessment, planning and implementation of patient care. Delivering care to the patient as prescribed by the individual care plans and liaising with family members as appropriate.
Pay - £8 - £9 Per Hour
- Assists qualified staff with the assessment and implementation of individual patient care plans undertaking routine tasks and activities as directed to facilitate the well being, dignity and treatment of all patients.
- Provides practical support and responsive care to patients who require assistance with intimate personal needs such as dressing, bathing and toileting activities ensuring that such activities comply with procedures and the relevant healthcare legislation.
- Observes and monitors the well being of patients ensuring that any unusual physical, mental or emotional occurrences are promptly referred to senior staff/the primary nurse and documented as appropriate.
- Provide specific interventions with patients as delegated by a Registered Nurse and following training and competency attainment. Such interventions include Observation and Engagement with Patients, escorting patients on leave, and being involved in de-escalation and management of violence and aggression.
- Contribute to a team approach to patient care in conjunction with all members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Participate in regular ward meetings and attend other meetings as requested.
- To assist in the maintenance of stock levels, including pharmaceutical products.
- To assist in the maintenance of ward cleanliness and tidiness and adhere to infection control policy and procedures at all times.
- Develops and maintains a good professional relationship with patients, colleagues and visitors responding promptly and courteously to requests and enquiries.
- Help promote and maintain an environment conducive to meeting the needs of the patient / relatives and carers.
- Ensure service users are gaining a quality service that is value for their money.
- To receive and convey information from telephone or personal enquiries in a courteous manner and ensure all persons visiting the ward are greeted and assisted in a welcoming and supportive manner.
If want to make a real difference through Support Work and have experience working in the care industry, then please apply ASAP!
We have temporary/ad hoc roles with flexibility to fit around your home life and family commitments.
This provider is also offering Temp to Perm Support Worker opportunities.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 years experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates.
We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
All roles will involve providing daily care and support for our children and young people including personal care needs, mobility, daily routine support, communication, independent living skills, learning and leisure activities. Some challenging behaviours may present, so similar experience is preferred but not essential.