£60 - £75 per day
5 months ago
This is a great opportunity for those who have a qualification in the post 16+ sector or any graduates that want to go into the education sector. We can offer you experience in a wide range of settings, which will enable you to further develop your knowledge and experience whilst building upon career goals.
We are currently seeking to recruit Cover supervisors to work in Secondary Schools in and around Caerphilly. The requirements will include covering classes with pupils between the ages of 11-15 Years of age. Cover Supervisors were introduced as a way of maintaining Teachers 'non-contact' periods.
Applicants will need to be approachable, reliable and flexible to meet the needs of the schools. You will need to have a strong work ethic as you will be undertaking a wide range of responsibilities within the classroom.
- Salary: £60 to £70
- Location: Caerphilly
- Quick registration (including online Enhanced DBS check)
- Excellent rates of pay
- Weekly pay runs
- NO PAYROLL CHARGES!
- Flexible working hours
- Recommend a Friend Scheme
- Holiday pay (option to accrue or have it paid on top of your wage)
Working as a Cover Supervisor can be very rewarding but also very demanding. The main job of a Cover Supervisor is to manage a classroom, ensuring that students remain on task with the work they have been set by an absent teacher. As a cover supervisor your role and responsibilities will include: collecting completed work after lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher.
Role and Responsibilities of a Cover Supervisor:
- Covering lessons in the absence of the timetabled teacher
- Supervising the delivery of the cover work by effectively communicating the work set to students
- Ensuring that the required resources needed in order to effectively deliver the covered lessons are available
- Managing the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking set work to ensure a positive learning environment
- Responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies in accordance with school policy and procedures
- Collecting completed work after lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
- Reporting back as appropriate, using the school's standard procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Post Graduate Degree/Certificate in Education
- Experience in Lecturing
- Honours Degree
- Cover Supervisor experience up to 6 months
Skills and Qualities:
- Highly adaptable as there is no regular timetable
- Be confident, organised, diplomatic
- Good classroom management is essential
- Patient, flexible, creative with a good sense of humour
You will need to demonstrate that you have:
- Experience of working with secondary aged children
- The ability to manage groups of children and cope with challenging behaviour.
- The ability to build good relationships with children, teachers, parents and carers
- A knowledge of the National Curriculum for KS3 and KS4
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Good reading, writing and numeracy skills
For Further information please contact Lowrie on 02921 660880 or email