What will this role look like day to day?
Holistic engagement worker role:
- Candidates who undertake this role must have a strong desire to support residents - with challenging situations a possibility, you must be able to think on your feet and think creatively!
- You will support young people in a residential service, ensuring they are safe and supported at all times - allowing them to develop their emotional and social needs.
- You will be supporting and caring for young adults who demonstrate EBD and challenging behaviour.
- Recording the young person's activity & reporting key aspects of their care
- Promoting the young person's independence and developing their life skills
- Cook and prepare meals
- Administer medication to residents
- To work closely with the Registered Manager to ensure the home is managed efficiently, meeting OFSTED standards.
- Promote relationships between staff, young people and the community
- Supporting residents during the night, and dealing with any incidents that may occur in accordance with policy
- This client has been operating for over 30 years providing specialist independent education to both children and adults.
- Approaches residential therapy with a focus on “Practical Skills Therapeutic Education”.
- This particular facility has an age range of 16-25 providing both residential and day provisions - covering a range of activities such as craft, metallurgy forging, and jewellery.
- £18500 - £23000 (depending on experience and qualifications)
- £78.48 Per sleep
- Can be discussed, rota basis
- This position will be contracted to 40 hours per week, with plenty of overtime available.
- Will require sleep shifts
- Must be willing to work a mixture of days and nights with every other weekend.
- 33-38 days annual leave (including bank holidays) increasing with your length of service with the client
- Must have a driving licence (clean)
- NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social work would be desirable - but not necessary! The client would be willing to support you financially through achieving this qualification - great career progression!
- Experience in a similar role or transferable skills desired
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 100 years combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC GOLD accredited and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.