Supporting the young people to develop and become independent whilst watching them learn new skills, this is an incredibly REWARDING role for the right candidate who is PASSIONATE and enjoys working hands-on. Getting paid to train in pottery, art and woodwork skills is definitely a perk of the job!!
- Salary: £22,248 - £25,840 (inclusive of sleeps - based on 1 sleep per week)
- Location: Nailsworth (GL5 5JJ)
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Shift Times: 8.30am – 4.30pm, 3.30pm – 10pm sleep 7.30am – 9am
- Interviews: To be held virtually
Founded over thirty years ago in the beautiful Horsley Valley, our client has since grown to encompass two historical wool mills, acres of hillside woodlands, a farm, where students grow and sell biodynamic livestock and produce, and the world’s only biodynamic fish farm. The setting’s craft curriculum stems from the cultural history of the area, with such sessions as weaving and felting, green woodwork, animal husbandry, and metalwork in the Iron Age Forge.
- 33 days annual leave, company pension scheme plus a great benefits package
- The opportunity to become qualified in practical skills activities such as pottery and felting!
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face to face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker in a similar setting is desirable.
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is desirable.
- A passion for supporting young people with a holistic approach.
- You MUST be a driver as you may be required to travel between sites during shift
- You must be over the age of 18
Can you deliver a holistic and integrated approach to care and really make a difference to the young people with Autism? If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you.
Click the ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.