£8.60 - £10.30 per hour + additional £70.50 for sleep in
8 months ago
'Discover your strengths & express who you are while truly shaping a future to the lives of young people between 16-25 with Learning Difficulties including Autism Spectrum Conditions'
If you've got bags of energy, with a love of the outdoors & have experience supporting Children OR Adults in a residential setting we've got just the job for you ...
Hourly rate: £8.60 - £10.30 per hour + enhancements - sleep in paid at £70.50
Contract: Permanent, full time contract (40hrs), working on a fixed rota (shifts fall between the hours 8.30am - 4.30pm, 3.30pm - 10pm sleep 7.30am - 9am) including alternate weekends.
This is a truly unique opportunity to join a fantastic specialist school, promoting Therapeutic Education set in serene hillside woodlands, with a working farm, where students grow and sell their own produce. The setting's craft curriculum stems from the history of the area, with sessions such as weaving and felting, green woodwork, animal husbandry, and metalwork in the Iron Age Forge.
The ultimate goal is to support these students in achieving their full potential - to build on their current skills, engage in activities and live full and happy lives.
**Due to the activities and the location of the site, it is essential that you have a full drivers licence and a car**
What you will do as a Support Worker:
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes with a holistic approach.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual's; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Due to challenging aspects of the role, emotional resilience, flexibility and a calm nature is also key.
What you will receive in return..
- As an organisation who invest heavily in our staff and your career and provide excellent professional development opportunities and an interactive induction to experience unique curriculum from the students' point of view
- 33 days annual leave, company pension scheme plus a great benefits package
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face to face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
**Interviews are being held throughout February, with a view to starting work in March**
To be considered for this role, please click "Apply". One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and your experience.
Here are some of the latest comments from candidates we have recently supported through the recruitment process to secure the next step in their career in Care...
"Lyndsay provided excellent support throughout the process. Kept me up to date, throughout the whole process Lyndsay was a phone call away and always ready to talk." - Saadia
"I would like to thank the Vetro Recruitment staff who helped me with applying for a new job. I received information about lots of potential vacancies and specific details on recommended posts. I was very impressed by the very rapid response to my emails and phone calls with interviews and meetings arranged promptly. Staff clearly rang and emailed contacts to follow up interviews and meetings for me then replied to me immediately. I was provided with clear information and suggestions of interview questions which was particularly useful." - Judith
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC GOLD accredited and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.