Vetro Housing are excited to be actively recruiting for experienced hostel support workers to work in various homeless hostels on a temporary basis throughout Bristol and the surrounding areas on a flexible and ongoing basis.
- Homeless Hostel Support Worker
- Location: Bristol
- Hours: Full time and Part time hours available (shift pattern is flexible, a mixture of
- sleep-ins, weekdays/weekends)
- Shift Pattern: 8am - 8pm / 8pm - 8am / Sleep in (11pm-8am)
We are looking for staff who are passionate and driven to offer support and guidance to people throughout the area that suffer from homelessness issues. You will have a strong value base and be able to offer an empathetic approach to individuals within supported housing environments.
You will be responsible for supporting a wide range of people, including those who are homeless, people living with mental illness, learning disabilities or recovering from substance misuse, people who have spent their childhood in care or those who are fleeing domestic violence.
The main duties of a homeless hostel support worker are:
- Ensuring that hostel occupants comply with hostel rules and regulations
- Provide emotional support to the hostel’s occupants
- Ensuring that health and safety procedures are explained and adhered to within the hostel
- To provide relevant information to all visitors to the hostel
- To liaise with Housing Officers where appropriate to meet client needs
- To promote a sense of equality and diversity throughout the business
- To ensure standards of customer care are to a high standard
- Company pension scheme
- Holiday pay
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training.
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development.
- Excellent Rates of pay, weekly pay, and no payroll charges
- Free online training and subsidised practical training (TMVA,PMVA,PBM)
- Flexible working hours to suit your needs.
- Shifts scheduled and booked via Shift App
- 24-hour support line from Vetro Care
- 121 personal relationship with Consultant
Click the ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an
employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro
is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.