£18250 - £19250 per annum + sleep in allowance & great benefits
7 months ago
Housing Support Worker - Young People
Location: Colchester, Essex
Full time / Permanent (37.5 hours)
Salary: £18,250 PA - £9.36 per hour/sleep in rate £67.50
Vetro are looking to recruit a Support Worker to join a supported housing scheme providing support and accommodation to young people aged 16-21 years, care leavers and some 18 to 21 years, who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, based in Colchester. Working on behalf of a leading care organisation, who pride themselves on providing homes and residential care services to thousands across London and the South East.
You will work closely with young people living in a supported housing services, playing a key role in supporting them in their daily lives. Working creatively with young people in imaginative ways to capture engagement, drawing out their strengths, talents, excitement and enthusiasm. Your role will require you to give the residents your time, positive support and patience, you will provide positive engagement by promoting activities; demonstrating knowledge of homelessness, housing and welfare benefits and an experience of working in a safeguarding framework:
- To support tenants who are living in supported accommodation
- To provide practical and emotional support, assisting tenants to achieve independence
- To support tenants in understanding and sustaining their tenancy
- The scheme operates 24 hours, 7 days a week, across 365 days per year (including weekends and bank holidays).
- Extensive experience of working with challenging young people, preferably in housing, social services, residential care or special needs.
- Knowledge of accommodation provision through statutory, charitable or other sources.
- An understanding of the principals of risk assessment.
- An understanding of the issues facing young people.
- A basic level of computer literacy.
- An understanding of equality and diversity issues.
- An NVQ level 2 in Health and Social Care OR relevant qualification in youth or social work
- Hold current driving licence.
Sleep-in duties will be required within this job role and these are paid at a prevailing rate per sleep-in.
- Real Living Wage Employer
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays.
- Sleep-in payments
- Paid Mileage
- Competitive pension contribution matched 1:1.
- Paid Induction Training.
- Paid Enhance DBS
- Annual pay review.
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help. Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.