£9.36 - £10.36 per hour + great employee benefits
6 months ago
Housing Support Worker - Braintree
Hours: 22.5 part time
Salary: £9.36 per hour (£18,250 full time - equates to £10.950 pro rata)
Are you looking for a role where you genuinely have the opportunity to make a difference? Where you can teach life skills and improve the lives of vulnerable young people. If so, Vetro are recruiting on behalf of a supported housing scheme for young parents aged (16-21) in Braintree, with a particular emphasis on 16/17 and care leavers.
- The scheme has self-contained flats, and the aim of the scheme is to provide a supportive environment in which customers can be supported in a variety of ways, to progress them towards independent living and gain confidence in their parenting skills.
- Providing informal group work, which covers a range of issues - including health, child care and leisure activities.
- Provide sufficient support to enable the tenants to move on, confidently into their own homes, once they are ready.
- To offer pre-tenancy support to customers whose referrals are accepted but who have not yet moved into the accommodation
- To offer re-settlement support to customers who have moved on from the accommodation
- To provide practical and emotional support to customers, including parenting skills.
- To support customers to understand and sustain their tenancies.
You will be required to travel between sites and have a clear DBS, (expenses met by employer) if you are successful. You will be on site from 9.00 - 5.00, Monday to Friday and on-call cover at nights and weekends, on a rota system to support customers who are living in the young families accommodation.
To excel in this role you will have experience of safeguarding children and developing support plans with customers. With up to date knowledge of best practice for the provision of Housing Support for vulnerable young people, experience of working in a community based support role and experience of working with vulnerable young people, particularly with mental health and within family support.
* All applicants must hold a driving license and have use of a vehicle *
The opportunity to join an expanding, dynamic organisation, with excellent opportunities for personal and professional development. Benefits associated with this role include: company contributory pension, 25 days pro rata holiday per year, plus bank holidays and access to high street savings and much more!
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.