£30000 - £32000 per annum
Menna Del Jones
8 months ago
Menna Del Williams
Information Governance Officer
£30,000 - £32,000
The main objective of this post is to support the Head of Information Governance in managing all aspects of Information Governance including (but not limited to): compliance with Data Protection, Subject Access Requests and Information Sharing.
- Provide accurate and relevant advice on the protection and accessibility of personal data
- To ensure the organisation complies with the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Deal with enquiries and requests for information and records under the Data Protection Act 2018 and other relevant regulations
- Accountable for the preparation of subject access requests for release by the Data Protection Officer (DPO).
- Carry out information gathering activities by issuing written requests for the relevant information and records
- Accountable for the accurate preparation of information for release and respond to requests in accordance with statutory and local policy deadlines. (This includes the preparation for disclosure of sensitive and confidential information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018. The subject matter can sometimes be distressing)
- Advise on the development of systems and processes to ensure DPA Compliance assisting with Privacy Impact Assessments when required.
- Write, co-ordinate, disseminate and review Information Sharing Agreements and Data Processing Agreements to ensure they are legally compliant.
- Design classroom based training and e-learning training and deliver to all staff in relation to data protection
- Organise and co-ordinate the efficient, safe and secure intake, transfer and destruction of records
- Provide advice and guidance to all customers of the service.
- Ensuring that knowledge is up to date with relevant legislation and regulations by continuous professional development and advise others accordingly.
- To provide management information and reports as required.
- To assist with and advise on the development, maintenance and monitoring of relevant policies, procedures and practices as required
- Act as the Group's representative at external meetings relating to Data protection issues and initiatives as appropriate.
- To monitor performance and seek out opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline
- ISEB in Data Protection or equivalent
- ISEB in Freedom of Information
- Experience of working within governance
- In depth knowledge of legislation impacting on public access to information e.g. environmental regulations
- Experience of putting knowledge into practice
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Experience of providing excellent customer services
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team and independently
- Discretion and able to maintain confidentiality
- Commitment to equality and diversity and anti discriminatory practices
- Experience of using CRM systems