**Join our team now to be eligible for our £300 Registration Bonus!**
Supporting vulnerable patients with intensive care needs, you will have a compassionate approach and be confident in your ability to provide first class treatment to each patient in your care in often emotionally pressured situations.
We are actively seeking Registered ITU Nurses with solid Intensive Care experience to join our team at Vetro Recruitment, to work at the 30 bedded ITU department at the University Hospital of Wales in Cardiff.
***Immediate starts available. ***
Job Type: Flexible agency work. FT or PT
Shifts: Early, Late, Long Day, Night
Registration Bonus: £300*
£28.02 to £44.83 per hour (PAYE)
£32.32 to £51.71 per hour (Umbrella - FCSA Accredited)
About the Role:
The unit is a 30 bedded general ITU, with a mix of ITU & HDU, elective surgical patients including: hepatobiliary, vascular, renal, upper GI, bowel surgery, maxillo facial, & any other high risk surgical patients. The hospital is the neurosurgical centre for South Wales, admitting any neuro patients requiring ITU care (neurosurgical HDU also falls within the critical care footprint but is run by the neurosurgical team). The hospital is also the Renal and Pancreatic Transplant Centre and the Haematology Centre for South Wales.
This is one of the busiest EUs in the country and admits a full range of patients e.g. out of hospital cardiac arrests, polytrauma, overdoses, COPD, asthma, and anything else that comes through EU requiring critical care. The unit also admits all in house emergencies requiring ITU or HDU care. The critical care footprint also includes a 5 bedded ITU/HDU across the city at University Hospital Llandough (UHL) staffed with rotating medical and nursing staff, principally caring for long term weaning patients and patients preparing for home ventilation. This unit also admits post op elective patients requiring short stays, emergencies in house and via the emergency admissions unit. Any acute patients requiring ventilation past 24 hours are usually transferred across to the main unit at UHW.
We have ongoing, flexible shifts available with either full or part-time hours to suit your availability. We are especially interested to hear from ITU Nurses who are compassionate, committed and have solid experience in ITU, A+E/EU or Critical Care settings. You will provide therapeutic care and support to patients, providing a first class service and commitment to making a difference in the lives of these patients and their families.
Duties will include:
- Administering medication
- Reviewing and planning care for patients
- The implementation of care and treatment plans
- Liaising with other professionals to deliver care to patients, including liaising with families.
- £300 Registration Bonus (T's & C's apply)*
- Excellent rates of pay, weekly pay, PAYE and Umbrella welcome
- Entry into our Golden Ticket to win £1000
- Agency worker of the month
- Vetro Mobile App for communicating shift availability and booking work
- 24-hour support line from Vetro Nursing and 121 relationship with Consultant
- Free online training provided and subsidised practical training
- Free nurse revalidation with our inhouse Vetro nurse
- Access to NHS & private sector vacancies
- 24-hour registration (Online Enhanced DBS)
- Holiday pay, contributed pension
- Free uniform
- £250 Referral Bonus
- You must be a Critical Care/ITU trained nurse with at least 6 months relevant and recent experience
- You must hold a valid NMC PIN
- Up-to-date training certificates - All Wales Passport Practical Training (Moving & Manual Handling AND Violence & Aggression Training)
- Right to work in the UK
Can you deliver a holistic and therapeutic approach to care and really make a difference to the lives of patients in your care? Does this sound like an opportunity you would be interested in? Click ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Watch our ‘About Us’ by clicking on the below link:
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.
*To be eligible for the £300 Registration Bonus, we need you to Register with Vetro Recruitment by 30th June 2021. It's as simple as that! The £300 bonus will be paid in two installments. The first £150 will be paid upon completion of your first 150 hours worked, and the second £150 will be paid following the full 300 hours worked.