You will liaise with patients, their relatives and other healthcare professionals in a range of settings to assess patients’ clinical needs and be skilled at effective case management to ensure those patients’ on-going needs are met within appropriate settings and placements.
As part of a team of CHC/Complex Care Lead Nurses you will ensure that reviews are carried out in a timely way, using eligibility decisions for NHS Continuing Healthcare in line with the National Framework for NHS Continuing Healthcare & NHS Funded Nursing Care.
You will be working in collaboration with colleagues across the health and social care system in Knowsley and other areas so that improved outcomes for patients are understood & prioritised.
As Continuing Healthcare assessments and reviews can be carried out in individuals own homes, nursing homes or other alternative care settings, independent travel across the Knowsley area is essential.
You will workunder the guidance and support of the senior clinical management team promoting best practice and providing professional advice to nursing homes and other providers, liaising with colleagues across the health and care system to promotepositive relationships
To succeed you will be an experienced first level registered nurse (Adult), with a detailed knowledge of relevant legislation, be able demonstrate excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills, who thrives in a very busy, team focused, performance and quality driven, professional and rewarding environment.
******£300 joining bonus*********
***October Start dates***
Job Type: 12 Month Full time Contract
Shifts: 8am to 4pm/9am to 5 pm Monday to Friday
Pay: Band 7 - £40,057 - £ 45,839
Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Verification, communication and recording of NHS Continuing Healthcare recommendations within 48 hours of receipt by Knowsley CCG.
- Work daily supporting the team on the ‘duty desk’ in rotation answering any querie either via telephone or email communications.
- Managing the flow of informationpassing through the team daily with understanding of the broadcare system.
- Allocating work to the team and supporting the management of and/or managing some of the more complex cases as required.
- Use professional judgement in the area of NHS Continuing Healthcare to support the team around NHS Continuing Healthcare recommendations.
- Ensure that all new referrals for NHS Continuing Healthcare are completed within 28 days of receipt of referral, keeping up to date data in order to cross reference with Knowsley CCG NHS Continuing Healthcare database. This directly informs NHS England Quality Premium data. There will be exceptions and the team member must be able to accurately present why timescale have not been reached.
- Daily support for NHS Continuing Healthcare Nurses regarding NHS Continuing Healthcare e.g. eligibility and appeals, commissioning, case management and reviews.
- Ensure that all new referrals requiring full consideration for NHS Continuing Healthcare are allocated to themselves or a named NHS Continuing Healthcare Nurse within 12 working hours of receipt.
- Have knowledge and skills in order to accurately decide when, in exceptional circumstances, a patient may not be ready to be considered for NHS Continuing Healthcare with scrutiny of the checklists.
- Provide clearly written articulated reasons for declining a referral to referrer and patient/representative with a clear plan of when consideration for NHS Continuing Healthcare will be appropriate.
- Provide clinical support and advice to NHS Continuing Healthcare administrators, ensuring that all decisions requiring clinical oversight receive thelevel of scrutiny required.
- Excellent Rates of pay
- Employee owned company - chance to own shares in company
- £250 Nurse referral scheme
- £300 Joining Bonus for Nurses - Contract & Temp
- £1000 Golden Ticket Bonus Raffle - Contract & Temp
- Worker of the Month - Chance to win £50 of shopping vouchers
- Free Training
- Free Nurse Revalidation
- Access to NHS & Private Sector Vacancies
- Holiday Pay
- Contributed Pension
- Free Uniform
Key Requirements & Experience:
- You must be an experienced Adult Nurse - preferably in a senior role
- You must hold a valid NMC PIN
- Right to work in the UK
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
Can you deliver a holistic and therapeutic approach to care and really make a difference to people with dementia? If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.