Up to £43000 per annum
about 1 month ago
I have a superb opportunity for an Occupational Therapist looking to take a step up within their career pathway and become a Lead Occupational Therapist, working with a specialist hospital based in Wellington providing mental health care and support working in partnership with the NHS.
- Receives and responds promptly to referrals, undertaking patient assessments to identify and prioritise patient needs before planning and delivering the appropriate and relevant interventions either on an individual or group basis.
- Ensure the team maintains accurate and timely records detailing each patient's rehabilitation/progress.
- The Lead Occupational Therapist will attend any meetings called by the Senior Management Team and will develop therapies (and make any changes to the therapy provision) according to the agreed local occupational therapy strategy at the hospital which will change over time.
- Ensures the effective and efficient management of more junior staff.
- Maintains and develops close working relationships with professional and clinical colleagues within the multi-disciplinary team, ensuring clinical practice is in line with Elysium policies and procedures and complies with statutory regulations and quality standards.
- Contributes to business growth by actively promoting therapy services in line with the local units' business plan.
- Maintains effective communication links with patients, relatives, carers, and purchasers throughout the patient's rehabilitation.
- Holds a BSc (Hons) in Occupational Therapy together with full BAOT membership and HPC registration.
- The role holder will require at least 3 years of experience including at least 1 years' experience of working within a secure/forensic setting.
- One year of experience in managing people.
- Must participate in appropriate clinical supervision and provides group supervision for Occupational therapy team.
£43,000 working full time 37.5 hours per week, benefits and career pathways.
**if the opportunity is of interest please click apply below with an up to date CV**