We are actively seeking experienced Learning Disabilities Support Workers to join our team working within a specialist locked rehabilitation unit in Cardiff. The hospital is a rehabilitation unit offering care for men and women over the age of 18 with learning disabilities, behaviours that challenge, and mental illness. This service holds 29 beds, split into single-gender units.
Supporting people with mental health conditions can include those with learning disabilities, personality disorders, forensic mental health, and serious mental illness. You will work alongside a multidisciplinary team to deliver a high level of therapeutic care, treatment, and rehabilitation to each patient.
- Location: Cardiff
- Job Type: Flexible agency work
- Shifts: 7:30AM - 8PM / 7:30PM - 8AM / 10AM - 10PM / Ad Hoc
- Pay: £10.09 per hour (including holiday pay)
About the Role:
You will provide therapeutic care and support to patients, which includes observing, monitoring, and keeping a record of patient conditions, treating each person with idignity, compassion, and honesty.
The patients within your care can display high levels of challenging behaviours that some people may find distressing. Due to this, all staff members are required to have valid restraint training such as MAPA / TMVA / PMVA.
If you do not have the required training it is mandatory that you attend our specialist 3 day PMVA training course. This course usually costs £250 or more. We are able to offer this to you at a highly discounted price of £75! (We pay the remainder).
- Excellent Rates of pay, weekly pay, and no payroll charges
- Free online training and subsidised practical training (TMVA,PMVA,PBM)
- Flexible working hours to suit your needs.
- Shifts scheduled and booked via Shift App
- 121 personal relationship with Consultant
- Agency worker of the month
- Entry into our Golden Ticket to win £1000 - Every temp working can gain entry to this by working a nominal number of hours
- Holiday Pay
- Contributed Pension
- Experience within a similar role
- Right to work in the UK
Can you deliver a holistic and therapeutic approach to care and really make a difference to young people with mental health conditions? If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click ‘APPLY’ now and one of the team will be in touch.